Haven’t really done anything Christmas related for December so in-between reading I’ll be doing holiday tags that I find for the rest of the month. This first one I found at my favorite place and that’s BookTube.
Created by Thought of Tomes
1. Half of the lights on the Christmas tree are burnt out : Name a book/series/character that started out good but then went downhill. I have to say Across the Universe by Beth Revis I really enjoyed the first book, however when it came to the second book A Million Suns I found the main girl Amy way more annoying.
2. Annoying Great Aunt Sally who will not leave you alone : Name a book that you didn’t enjoy, but everyone else seems to love so it never goes away. That has to Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. I enjoyed parts of it especially the end, but most of the time I wanted to hit Harper Price for the stupid things she says and do.
3. Your pets keep knocking over the Christmas decoration : Name a character that kept messing things up for everyone else (can’t pick a villain!). The Selection by Kirea Cass. All the girls are trying to up one another for the chance with to be with Prince Maxon so that they can become a princess.
4. You hear your parents putting out the presents and learn Santa isn’t real: Name a book you were spoiled for. A Million Suns by Beth Revis I was going to give it a try even if I didn’t overly enjoy the second book. However before I could get to reading it I found about some big deaths that I couldn’t handle so I haven’t picked it up.
5. It’s freezing outside: Name a main character you just couldn’t connect with. That would have to be Harper Price by Rachel Hawkins. She was a prep person and i just couldn’t grow to like her.
6. Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’ and it’s giving you anti-romantic feelings : Name a couple you couldn’t stand. The insant love between Wendy Everly and Finn Holmes bugged the crap out of me. It was she fall for him first, and then later he fell for her. But reading about her thoughts of him really bugged me to much to not overly enjoy the story.
7. That scratchy homemade wool sweater you got for Christmas years ago but won’t get rid of : show some books that have been sitting on your shelves for a while, and you aren’t motivated to read, but you don’t have the heart to get rid of. I have three books of Kristen Higgins and there contemporary romances I’ve read one book of but haven’t gotten to the others.
8. Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer: Name a character death you still are mad about (warn people for spoilers! You can also use TV or movie deaths). If you haven’t read the Maze Runner by James Dashner then I won’t say. However that last death at the end pretty much broke my heart.
9. The malls are overly crowded with holiday shoppers: Name a series that has too many books in it/went on too long. I haven’t finished this series but the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich is to damn long. There is currently 22 books out I believe with no end in sight.
10. The Grinch : Name a main character you HATE (No villians again!). Like the Grinch Benny Imura from Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry. He was at first annoying and really childish in his anger toward his brother. However by the end his attitude changed and he became a better person for it.
I enjoyed doing this tag and if your up for it do the tag yourself and watch the original video. Let me know if you done the tag and I’ll talk to you soon.
Happy Reading 🙂